These were last year’s rules – the 2013 ones will be published in early September. We’re keeping the old rules up here to remind us of the good old times…
If you’re not in, you can’t win!
To be in the competition, you must nominate yourself:
- Be part of the Skerries Soundwaves Minecraft 3012 project! See here how. But be quick! Only a few days left before the judging (taking place on Saturday, 22 Sep 2012).
- Decide what category or categories you want to be judged in.The Categories are:
A. Creations based on buildings in Skerries (could be one of the mills, a shop, a school, the gardaí…)
B. Fantasy creations (could be a giant kitten, a hotel, a cinema, a swimming pool, an alien spaceship – anything that doesn’t exist in Skerries of 2012)
C. Special prize for particularly good use of redstone. Aesthetics (looks) matter here, too – clever is not enough! 😉
- Nominate either one or two of your creations by taking a screen shot of it, and mailing that to email@example.com. Don’t forget to tell us the category – Skerries, Fantasy, or Redstone! The screen shot will help us to identify your building – the judging will happen on the server.
You can nominate up to three creations, but no more than one in each category.
This email must reach us by 11 a.m. on Saturday morning. We’ll then prepare the list of entries and forward it to our judge, Praxismaxis aka Liam O’Donnell (see more about him here).
- Keep working on your creation until 11 a.m. on Saturday morning. The server will then be closed for building during the judging and remains closed until after the prize-giving on Sunday.
You can, however, come online and show Praxismaxis (our judge) or others around the place.
Actually, it’d be brilliant if you could be there and talk to Praxismaxis, show him special features etc., but that’s up to you. We expect him to be online some time between 1 p.m. and 6 p.m. Irish time (probably between 4 and 6).
- Come to the Skerries Community Centre on Sunday, 23 September, for the Lego Exhibition where we will have a stall. The exhibition is open from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. – and at five, just after the prize-giving for the Lego projects, we will take the stage to introduce everyone to the Skerries Soundwaves Minecraft Project and to announce the winners in the three categories!
If you can’t come in person, please send us an email by Sun 3 p.m. so we know and can make alternative arrangements.
- Any difficulties, mail us, we’ll help if we can at all! firstname.lastname@example.org
There are so many creations on the server that would deserve a prize, we’re hoping for all players to enter at least one.
And the prizes are…
…not huge, but attractive, we think – but hey, it’s really about the honour of having won one of the first Skerries Minecraft Competition prizes – ever! Plus the first 12 players to enter will get a small (but exclusive) fridge magnet each.